Who We Are
Founded in 2015 in Switzerland, Metaco is an enterprise technology company whose mission is to enable financial and non-financial institutions to securely build their digital asset operations. The company’s core product, Harmonize™, is a mission-critical orchestration platform for digital assets. From asset-agnostic custody and trading to tokenization, staking and smart contract management, the platform seamlessly connects institutions to the broad universe of decentralized finance and Web3 decentralized applications.
Metaco has established itself as the institutional standard for digital asset infrastructure, trusted by the world’s largest global custodians, banks, regulated exchanges, and corporates. Its software and technology solutions enable institutions to store, trade, issue and manage any type of digital asset – such as crypto and digital currencies, digital securities, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) – with the highest possible security and agility.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team in Lausanne, Switzerland (or remotely). As a member of our team, you will be contributing to the development of our platform, closely with blockchain experts, software engineers and partner organizations to enable our clients turn their projects into commercial success.
At Metaco, DevOps is responsible for building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic delivery pipeline that assists in building the environment more efficiently. To be successful as a DevOps architect, you should demonstrate a leadership mindset, solid operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve and be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and highly innovative.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Advise on implementing DevOps best practices and provide architectural governance
- Architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
- Architecting of microservices and distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Designing efficient practices as per latest industry trends
- Logging and telemetry, IAC (Infrastructure as code) automation
- Package and deploy software to dev/test environments in both Linux and Windows by using Docker, Kubernetes
- Container builds/deployments using Multi-Stage Docker files, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
- Very good knowledge and experience with Kubernetes (operators, stateful set, helm, argocd, flux…)
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies, and can articulate best practice approaches and practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute. Development background preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in analysing current state of DevOps practices within big/ medium portfolio, and then leading, developing & deploying DevOps practices strategy to big/ medium portfolio
- 2+ years’ experience in building CI/CD pipelines (Release Pipelines) using Gitlab CI-CD Platform/Tool
- Orchestrate and solve scalability, automation and industrialization issues of several projects on a Kubernetes/Docker infrastructure.
- Good Experience with Linux/Unix Systems and Azure/GCP cloud. Gitlab CI/CD, Kubernetes (operators, stateful set, helm,, flux…)
- Strong experience with Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps within the Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application
- Deploy applications in different environments on a regular basis.
- Participate in the implementation of solutions and processes for monitoring the operation and quality of production via appropriate metrics.
- Have a cross-functional role that requires a good understanding of the development stages of a multi-service cloud platform as well as the deployment and production issues.
- Working knowledge of administering JVM microservices in production
- Good understanding and troubleshooting skills on Linux system administration and networking
- Good Azure, Google Cloud and AWS administration skills
- Strong knowledge of container ecosystems, mainly Kubernetes and Docker
- Infrastructure automation using K8S operators, Terraform, Puppet, Python or similar
- Managing a CI/CD pipeline on GitLab
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company, working collectively to tackle the most challenging problems at the intersection of distributed ledgers, blockchain technology, applied cryptography, banking, capital markets and finance. We provide an entrepreneurial culture, where merit, contribution and teamwork are rewarded. Our team is important to us, and we work hard to support both the personal and professional development of team members. We understand that maintaining a good work-life balance is crucial to a healthy and happy workplace, that is why we provide flexible working policies for employees to fit their individual needs. Join us to make your mark on the transformation of the financial services industry.